Up to R8,888 FREE
South Africa Online Casino
Whilst South Africa is better knows as the land of brandy, boerewors and rugby, we also have quite a colourful history when it comes to building some of the world’s favourite land based casinos. And it only makes sense then, that our expectations around what constitutes a great gambling experience is reflected in our choice of online casino!
And with so many online casinos temtping players with excessive welcome bonuses, glorious mobile video slots and eye-popping progressive jackpots, CasinoGuide.co.za aims to provide a helping hand with our in depth review of the best online casinos in South Africa for 2016.
Being avid players ourselves – gambler has such a bad connotation – we’re able to provide hands-on and honest feedback and you can be certain that our online casino selection delivers a 100% trustworthy, legal and fully supported experience to South African players.
Is playing at an online casino LEGAL?
In short, yes and no – as far as online casinos are concerned, South Africa is what we call a “grey market”. This means that even though the only legalized form of gambling in South Africa is sportsbetting, there are no laws no law that make it illegal for South Africans to sign up with offshore online casinos that accept South African players. As such, this leaves South Africans free to sign up at any of our curated lists of offshore casinos to take a punt and chase the trhil of online gambling!
Even though foreign casinos can accept SA players, it would be illegal for them to operate these from within South Africa, which is why you won’t find any of our recommended casinos being registered within the country (in case you were wondering;p).
Criteria for selection
When we planned this guide, we did a lot of research to determine what things are important to South African online casino players. Throughout our research, we found that the below 5 criteria were curcial when considering which casino to play at:
• Security. When it comes to online casino gaming, security is top priority. It is not only the site that has to be secure, the games and the players must be protected as well. The players create accounts with the online casino game providers and deposit money, which mean they provide personal information. The games should be secure to ensure that all players should get fair treatment while the website must be protected from hackers.
• Currency. This is equally important – don’t give us a re-skinned $, Euro or £ experience. Even if the exchange rate is sometimes a rollercoaster, we prefer to play, deposit and withdraw using South African Rand.
• Welcome Bonus and promotions. We all like free money! And what better way to kick start your online gambling experience with a few hundred Ran pre-loaded into your account. Beyond finding the most lucrative welcome bonuses, we also look at the small print around additional bonuses, promotions, loyalty programs and other perks.
• Support. Customer support is likewise important and we checked the methods and how easy it is to reach the online casinos’ customer service department by phone, fax, email or Live Chat.
• Games and software. The heart of every casino is the selection of games they offer and the software provider they have chosen, which will ensure that the mix of classic and new games are all stable, fair and interesting to all types of online casino players, from novice to high rollers.
• Payment methods. Among the various payment methods used by online casinos, we analysed each one and chose those payment options most relevant to South African players such as UKash, Skrill, Neteller, MasterCard and Visa.
Benefits of our rating system
Even though we try our best to present an unbiased raking of the best local online casinos, there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to picking your casino of choice. Every player has his or her playing style, reasons for playing, preferences for specific types of games, budget, and even favourite times, days or hours to play. Not every online casino will suit every player. There are some that are popular for their classic table games. Others specialise in slots, while other are popular because of the themed-games offering scrumptious graphics. Other players are after big wins, while others only go for small bets, especially on slot games where they can spend a few hours that for them is relaxing. Inexperienced players may want to try an online casino that have demo, free or practice games that do not involve actual cash deposits. Other players are looking to sign up to different casinos that offer big welcome bonuses while others remain loyal to one because of the loyalty bonuses they enjoy.
That is why with our organised rating system, any type of online casino player in South Africa will be able to find and choose a casino that fits their preferences just right.
One of our major concerns is the sense of security and safety of our online players. That is why we take all the options available to see to it that the casinos we recommend conform to industry regulations and standards. We warrant that all the casinos in our list have received the approval of the online gambling regulatory bodies relevant to the online gaming industry.
At CasinoGuide.co.za you can be sure to find the best, proudly South African, homegrown online casinos! We always say “local is lekker” so we hope you enjoy our selection and we’d love to hear from you, so please do let us know in the comments below if you found this guide useful or suggest a new casino for us to review!